NOURISHMENT FOR ALL YOUR SENSES
MAYANA is known for reinvigorating the ancient tradition of drinking chocolate as a vitalizing elixir.
We make specialty chocolate with the "food of the gods" from Mexico - Soconusco.
All natural and handcrafted with the intention to Nourish All Of Your Senses.
We drink our chocolate not only for the exceptional taste but also for the vitalizing effects on our bodies and brains.
Our Cacao Elixirs are powder blends with organic superfoods, medicinal mushrooms, and spices, with little to no added sugar.
This is not your usual hot chocolate - it's real chocolate that’s actually good for you!
WHAT MAKES OUR CHOCOLATE UNIQUE?
Our cacao is:
- Fine Flavour Cacao. The finest cocoa beans which become the most flavourful chocolate in the world. Their flavour comes from genetics for natural reproduction rather than GMO. Their complex flavour and aroma includes fruits, floral, herbal, and wood notes, as well as rich and balanced chocolate bases.
- Heirloom. From native trees of Mexico that produce cocoa beans with a combination of historic, cultural, geographical, botanical and flavour value.
- Single-origin. From Soconusco, Chiapas - land of rich biodiversity that gives cacao a distinct flavour. Historically, cacao grown and consumed by the native people in this region in southern Mexico -the Mokayas, the Olmecs (1500 B.C.) and later the Mayan- was Criollo cacao, the type of cacao that Europeans first encountered and it has been held in high regard ever since.
- Direct trade. We go beyond fair trade by buying cacao directly from the farmers that are using sustainable practices to cultivate it. They are not only paid a fair price for their crops, but also we recognize and empower them and their community.
- Organic. Grown on old-growth trees without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
- Hand-made. We make our chocolate in small batches. The chocolate is pulverized by hand and the elixirs are mixed by hand.
- Quality ingredients. Made with high quality ingredients available through fair trade, locally, and from organic sources exclusively.